Mount Pleasant City Council Meeting AgendaWritten by Theresa Rose on April 23, 2019
The Mount Pleasant City Council will meet in regular session Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at City Hall, 307 E. Monroe Street, second floor meeting room at 5:30 pm.
A G E N D A
- Roll Call.
- Consent Agenda: To the Public – All items with an asterisk (*) are routine
by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion and a roll call of the Council-
members. There will be no separate discussion of items unless the Mayor, a Councilmember
or citizen so request, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and
will be considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
- Receive & file communications-
- Approve agenda.
*5. Approve minutes of previous meeting.
*6. Approve payment of bills.
*7. Receive reports of Officers –
- Old Business –
- 5:30pm Public hearing on proposed plans & specs. for South Jefferson St (South St. to Green St) PCC Pavement & Drainage Replacement – 2019 project.
- Resolution approving award of contract for S. Jefferson St (South St. to Green St).
- 3rd reading reading/adoption of proposed ordinance restricting parking from alley at Adams & Main west to Monroe Street and restricting parking on North Main Street at Orange Street.
- 2nd reading of proposed ordinance amending snow removal regulations.
- 2nd reading of proposed ordinance amending regulations for “Signs & Billboards”.
* f) Renewal application for a Class C Liquor License & Outdoor Service Permit for
Iris Bowling Center at 300 S. Iris Street.
* g) Renewal application for a Class C Liquor License with catering privileges for
Iowa Wesleyan at 508 N. Broadway.
New Business –
- a) 1st reading of proposed ordinance amending recycling fees.
- Resolution establishing wages for temporary & seasonal part-time workers.
- Resolution establishing compensation for Fire Fighters for FY20.
- Authorize Mayor to sign renewal contract for City employee health insurance.
- Resolution authorizing easement on South Jefferson Street PCC project (Brown).
- Resolution approving hiring of temporary part-time employee for Public Works.
- Public Forum.