Fireworks Cause Fatal Fire

Written by Theresa Rose on April 22, 2019

A Lockridge man has died as the result of a fire caused by fireworks. According to the Jefferson County Attorney’s Office, the Jefferson County Communications Center was notified of a structure fire at 203 West Main Street in Lockridge at 5:46 p.m. Saturday. Authorities were informed that fireworks ignited a mattress inside the house. 66-year-old Michael Goosey was found in the home but efforts to resuscitate Goosey were unsuccessful. He was pronounced dead at the Jefferson County Hospital. Others in the house at the time were treated for smoke inhalation.