These are brought to you by Breadeaux Pizza.
The WMU school district will hold graduation on June 28 at 1:00 PM
Beginning Monday, June 1 the New London VFW Post 7641 will re-open at 3 p.m. Social distancing rules will be followed with 50% capacity. Bar hours will continue as normal beginning June 1. Starting Wed June 3 the VFW will serve tacos through the month of June. Serving times will be 5-7:30. Seating will be limited to the 50% guidelines as well as volunteer workers following PPE rules.
Monday, June 1,Walk-in BINGO resumes at the Vets Hall in Mount Pleasant at 6:30. It will be held in the big room with social distancing rules in place. Each game sold separately. Play as much or as little as you want. The public is welcome.
The Henry County Extension Office is now open by appointment only.
- Mount Pleasant City buildings are closed to the public. Until further notice please conduct business by email, drop box or phone 319-385-1470.
- City Playgrounds are open to the public, city park bathrooms are open and shelter houses can be rented. East Lake Amenities are open. There will be no softball or baseball tournaments scheduled for the month of June and the adult coed softball league is canceled. The Mt. Pleasant Family Aquatic Center will open on June 18th from 1 to 7 pm. Swimming lessons begin on 22nd and you can find the class schedule and dates and times on cityofmountpleasantiowa.org
- WMU School playground is closed.
- The New London Elementary School playground area is closed but the track will remain open to the public. Please practice social distancing
- Attn. Wayland Residents….Temporarily all recyclables need to be put in your regular city purchased garbage bags to aid in prevention of cross contamination from containers. Please call the City of Wayland with any questions, 256-3276.
- The Quarter, Maybe More Store is closed until further notice.
- It was decided that Henry County buildings, including the Court House, will open to the public June 8th. Different offices may have different procedures for doing business. Please call ahead.
- June 9 the Henry County Board of Supervisors will return to holding two meetings a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The meetings will be open to public to attend in person.
- Beginning June 1st, ten patrons at a time will be allowed to enter the building to browse books and use computers at the Mt. Pleasant Public Library. Time allowed in the library will be allotted to 30 minutes only.
- The Danville Library will be closed until further notice. People wishing to have a tour of the Danville Museum or the Anne Frank Museum should call 392-4577. Activity Room arrangements can be made at 457-2257 or 572-0807.
- The New London public library building is closed to the public. The library staff will be there from 9 to 5, Monday through Friday and 10 to noon on Saturday. You may call ahead or the online catalog to reserve materials for checkout.
- The Mt. Pleasant Municipal Utilities office is closed. The front lobby will be open for customers to sign-up for service and make payments without social contact. To make a credit or debit card payments or for questions on your bill, please call 385-2121 and press option 2.
- The Van Buren County Welcome Center and McCoy Historical Museum are closed until further notice.
- Calvary Baptist Church in Mt. Pleasant will resume services on May 31. This applies only to their 10:30 am worship service. There will be no Sunday school or nursery available.
- Jesus the Good Shepherd Church of Mt. Pleasant is reopening for services.
- Faith Christian Outreach Church here in MP has resumed services. Sundays 8:30am and 10:30am Adults and Children’s Services.Wednesdays 7:00pm Adults and E3 Youth and Children’s.
- Salem Friends Church will live stream Sunday services. Adult Sunday school is broadcast at 9:30 a.m. every Sunday and regular Sunday service is broadcast at 10:30 a.m. every Sunday. These are on Salem Friends Church Facebook page.
- Faith Lutheran Church resumes regular services Sunday, May 17th, at 9:30 am. Social distancing and sanitizing per state and local guidelines will be observed. Service will also be recorded and on faithsonshine.com, by Monday morning.
- No Sunday school or Worship service at Wellspring Evangelical Free Church until further notice. All events and activities have been canceled. Check website for updates: www.wellspringefree.com
- Sunday morning worship at Montrose United Methodist Church is suspended until large groups are free to meet.
- The First Assembly of God services is open to the public. The appropriate social distancing and recommendations will be applied.
- The Catholic Diocese has asked that all public worship be cancelled. There will be no mass until further notice at St. Alphonsus. But mass is available on the St. Alphonsus website.
- The New London Presbyterian Church services are cancelled are until further notice. Tune in to 105.5 FM Sunday at 10:30 to listen.
- Swedesburg Evangelical Lutheran Church are not encouraging worship together but will not turn anyone away. They are implementing a plan. There will be no Holy Communion, physical Sharing of the Peace, offering plates or coffee cart for the month of May. Church pews will be taped off. Feel free to wear a mask and do not come if you feel ill. Worship services are still available at https://www.facebook.com/SwedesburgLutheran/
- Cottonwood United Methodist Church services and Sunday school classes are cancelled until further notice. Go to their Facebook page for a daily devotional and to watch a Sunday worship services.
- Salem Welsh/Cotter Presbyterian Church has cancelled services.
- First United Methodist Church in Mount Pleasant will now have online worship services Sunday at 10 am and Wednesday prayer services at 2 pm. You can view them at firstmethodistonline.org.
- Worship services at Olds United Church of Christ are cancelled until they are allowed to safely meet together.
- The Mt. Pleasant First Presbyterian Church will not have worship services until further notice. Please check out the website at www.firstpresbyonline.org for online worship services.
- New London Christian Church will have no services until further notice. Services are available for viewing online.
- Salem Congregational Church will resume services May 24 per CDC guidelines.
- First Baptist Church will have multiple options for church Sunday. The Sanctuary & Fireside Rooms are open. Listen in the parking lot on 88.1 FM or stream on Facebook Live on home.
- St. Michael’s Episcopal Church is not meeting. Online services are available via their Facebook page.