New London City Council Meets TuesdayWritten by Theresa Rose on July 3, 2016
AGENDA FOR NEW LONDON CITY COUNCIL & UTILITY TRUSTEES
JOINT MEETING – JULY 5, 2016 – TUESDAY NIGHT – 5:30 P.M. – CITY OFFICE
1. CALL TO ORDER JOINT MEETING: Mayor Ron Sadler
2. ROLL CALL: Council: Greg Malott, Frank Staley, Tom Davis, Kirk Miller and Dan Berner
Trustees: Jerry Wilhelm, Jodi Jackson, Steve Rotter, Cris Julian and Sid Schmitt
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
4. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Trustees & Council: Discuss a policy for filling pools and not charging for sewer
b. Council: Approve health insurance policy for the employees (1-2)
c. Trustees: Approve health insurance policy for the employees (1-2)
5. ADJOURNMENT OF JOINT MEETING
6. CALL TO ORDER REGULAR MEETING: Mayor Ron Sadler
7. ROLL CALL: Kirk Miller, Tom Davis, Dan Berner, Greg Malott and Frank Staley
8. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
9. INVOCATION: Kirk Miller
a. Police Dept. (3-4)
b. Fire Dept. (64)
c. Parks & Rec
d. Public Works (5-6)
e. Utilities (7-11)
f. Child Care (12-20)
11. CONSENT AGENDA:
a. Approve minutes of previous meetings (21-29)
b. Accept Clerk’s Financial Reports (30-32)
c. Approve payment of claims (Handout)
d. Approve class c liquor license with outdoor service for Woobies (33-34)
e. Zoning Permit: Bill & Jan Brown, 415 E. McKinley St., shed (35)
Gary Blanck, 204 S. Walnut St., garage (36)
Jeff & Ana Lair, 103 Cypress Circle, Lofted Garden Shed (37)
Kevin Bergman, 101 S. Chestnut St., Detached Garage (38)
Jack Waterman, 305 N. Maple St., House (39)
Chad Sovern Contracting, 108 Dover Circle, House & Garage (40)
12. OLD BUSINESS:
a. Discuss changes to the zoning ordinance (41-44)
b. Discuss and take action moving Open Forum to the beginning of the Agenda
c. Discuss and take action on live streaming Council Meetings with Facebook Live, upgrading the City Office’s Wi-Fi and purchasing a tablet (45-57)
d. Discuss the applications received for the public works supervisor position
e. Approve resolution #205 to hire a public works supervisor (58)
f. Discuss and take action on placing an ad for a public works employee (59)
13. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Approve pump maintenance service agreement with Electric Pump (60-62)
b. Discuss timeline for the storm sewer through the school’s football field working in conjunction with the school’s architect/contractors
c. Discuss and take action on repairing the stairs for the library courtyard on the south side
d. Discuss and take action on no parking signs located on W. Jackson St.
e. Discuss and take action on lowering the speed limit on E. Main St.
f. Discuss and take action on having department heads present at meetings
g. Discuss and take action on allowing chickens at 301 S. Ash St. (63)
14. OPEN FORUM:
a. Regular City Council Meeting, August 2nd, 2016 at 5:30 p.m., City Office
NEW LONDON CITY COUNCIL – OPEN FORUM NOTICE
The Open Forum portion of the New London City Council meeting is a time where the public is allowed to speak. This is a courtesy that is extended to you. During this portion of the meeting the following guideline will be in effect:
1. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please stand if possible, and state you name and address for the record.
2. Unless you are a scheduled, approved organization making a presentation, you will have 3 minutes to respectfully express your thoughts. Guest organizations will be under the discretion and management of the Mayor as the presiding officer.
3. Understand that no formal motions or actions will be taken on items during this time. Your concerns may be forwarded to the appropriate committee for further considerations and/or discussion.
4. All comments and discussion will remain respectful in nature to all parties.
5. Similar topics will be acknowledged, and forwarded to the appropriate department. However, repetition of topics will be limited.
6. Any deviation from these guidelines will end you allotted time and you will be asked to be seated. Failure to abide by these guidelines may lead to removal from the meeting at the order of the Mayor and possibly charges of disorderly conduct if so warranted.
7. Your involvement on agenda items will be limited to the presentation of factual material as determined by the Mayor. This the Council’s time for dealing with matters and will not include public opinions or question and answer time; this is done during Public Hearings.