Mt. Pleasant City Council Meets 2-14-18Written by Theresa Rose on February 13, 2018
The Mount Pleasant City Council will meet in regular session Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at City Hall, 307 E. Monroe Street, second floor meeting room at 5:30 pm.
A G E N D A
- Roll Call.
- Consent Agenda: To the Public – All items with an asterisk (*) are routine
by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion and a roll call of the Council-
members. There will be no separate discussion of items unless the Mayor, a Councilmember
or citizen so request, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and
will be considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
- Receive & file communications-
- Approve agenda.
*5. Approve minutes of previous meeting.
*6. Approve payment of bills.
*7. Receive reports of Officers –
- Old Business –
- 5:30 pm Public hearing on proposed vacation & sale of Harvey Road street
Right of Way, adjacent to Beck’s Hybrids.
- Resolution approving vacation of 6ft of street right of way adjacent to North
- Resolution approving sale of 6ft of Harvey Road right of way to Beck’s Hybrids.
- Set date for public hearing on proposed vacation and sale of alley parcels adjacent to 505 N. Cherry.
- 5:30 PM Public hearing on proposed application for CDBG Pilot Program funds
for Upper-story living quarters creation at 103-105 North Jefferson Street.
- Resolution authorizing participation in CDBG Pilot Program for upper-story creation and signing of necessary documents.
- 5:30 PM Public hearing on proposed plans for South Main & South Jefferson
- Resolution approving Tax Abatements.
- Change Order 4 on the Heather Branch Bar Screen Replacement project.
- Resolution accepting Heather Branch Bar Screen Replacement project.
* k) Renewal application for Class C Beer Permit from Casey’s General Store at
400 West Washington Street.
- New Business
- a) 1st reading of proposed ordinance amending zoning code definitions for “family”,
“dwelling” and “rent or lease”.
- b) 1st reading of proposed ordinance for No Parking on South Marion.
- c) Authorize agreement for design & construction of Aquatic Center slide replacement.
- d) Authorize agreement for tennis court improvements.
- e) Resolution setting date for public hearing on proposed vacation of a portion of N. Pine.
- f) Set date for public hearing on proposed amendment of City Comprehensive Plan.
- Public Forum