Local Early Childhood Area Board MeetingsWritten by Theresa Rose on September 20, 2016
The local Early Childhood Area Board will hold the following meetings. Members from the public are welcome to attend.
DHLW Early Childhood Area Board – September 20th 2016 at 5:00pm. Columbus Junction City Hall, 232 2nd St., Columbus Junction, IA.
DHLW Early Childhood Area
Des Moines, Henry, Louisa, Washington
September 20th 2016 5:00pm
Columbus Junction City Hall
232 2nd St, Columbus Junction, IA.
Call to order (Establishment of quorum)
Welcome & Introductions
Approval of Agenda
Review/Acceptance of Minutes
• Consider approval for August 16th 2016 minutes
Financial Report – Stan Stoops and Tasha Beghtol
• consider approval of current financial report and revised budget
Program Presentations –
• CCNC – Louisa County (Unity Point Health – Trinity Muscatine Public Health)
• CCNC – Des Moines County (Lee County Health Department)
• HOPES – Lutheran Services in Iowa
Board Professional Development
Executive Committee –
• Consider approval of revisions to policy 4.4 Provider Budget – amendment process
• Consider approval of new policy Contract Monitoring – onsite visits
Administrative Update – Tasha Beghtol
• Regional Legislative Forum
• Board membership update
• Committee planning – Nomination, Bylaws, Executive
Other – opportunity for public comment
Early Childhood Iowa is a statewide initiative that provides local funding for programs serving all families with children 0-5 years old. The DHLW Early Childhood Area Board consists of members representing citizens, elected officials, education, health, human services, faith, business, and consumer. The Board determines community needs for young children, establishes priorities, and provides funding for local programs offering services to families who reside in Des Moines, Henry, Louisa, and Washington counties. The Board is currently seeking new members. To learn more contact Tasha Beghtol, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-461-1369.