KILJ is HiringWritten by Anna Greiner on May 31, 2018
KILJ is an independently owned, locally focused radio station serving southeast Iowa. With both an AM and FM station, we have been providing news, sports, weather and community information since 1970. Learn more about us at kilj.com.
Position would be full time; including nights, weekends and some holidays required. We are willing to train the right candidate.
- Weekend anchor. Saturday and Sunday, hire will work the morning shifts to gather and report news, sports and events of the day. They will also cover weekend events and handle any technical issues or weather related or community announcements that need to be aired.
- Work in the office during weekdays; answering the phone, filing and becoming familiar with the station and its workings.
- Radio Reminders Director. List all events on daily reminders Word document and on our website.
- Help manage our social media content. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Engineer sports broadcasts and sales remotes.
- Cover shifts for coworkers for vacation. This will tend to be the morning shift which starts at 5:30 am.
- Help with commercial/production work. This includes writing and editing production spots. Experience with Adobe Audition is a plus.
- Conduct interviews.
- Learn the station’s software and technology and help troubleshoot issues.
- Pleasant, well-controlled voice.
- With a small staff, applicants must be team players.
- Quality writing and editing skills and proficient grammar.
- Knowledge in broadcasting and broadcast technology is a plus.
- Self-starter. Mature and responsible.
Please submit your resume to:
2411 Radio Drive
Mt. Pleasant, IA 52641
KILJ is an equal opportunity employer. KILJ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KILJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.