Danville City Council Will MeetWritten by Theresa Rose on April 18, 2015
Monday, April 20, 2015
Order of business, regular session
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
1. Call to order, 6:30 p.m..
2. Accept or amend the agenda.
3. Open forum – a time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business.
4. Discussion and action on the March 2015 DMC Sheriff’s report.
5. Consideration on proposed Ordinance 210, an ordinance adopting parking regulations and fines. Action on the first reading and future readings of this proposed ordinance.
6. Discussion and action on Resolution 2015-12, placement of handicap and no parking signs on South Ash Street.
7. Jerry Goddard, City Attorney.
A. Discussion and action on going into a closed session to discuss the purchase of real state where premature disclosure could reasonably be expected to increase the price the governmental body would have to pay for the property as allowed by Iowa Code Section 21.5-j. Or, to discuss with counsel matters where litigation is imminent where its disclosure would be likely to prejudice or disadvantage the position of the governmental body in the litigation as allowed by Iowa Code Section 21.5-c.
B. Action to come out of closed session.
C. Statement by City Attorney pertaining to the closed session.
D. Action by council, if needed, on item(s) pertaining to the closed session.
8. Discussion and action on Resolution 2015-13, establishing wages for 2015-2016.
9. Discussion and action on Resolution 2015-14, establishing water rates effective July 1, 2015.
10. Discussion and action on Resolution 2015-15, establishing a return check charge.
11. Update on basketball court area in the city park; action if needed.
12. Streets and utilities report.
A. Discussion and action on the LL Pelling Co. proposal.
B. Acknowledgement of Altorfer agreement; action if needed.
C. Approval of Public Works Supt. written report.
13. Approval of consent agenda.
A. April 6, 2015 council minutes.
B. March 2015 financial reports.
C. Building and/or electric permits.
D. Signing of utility easements.
E. Payment of bills.
14. Council reports and correspondence.
A. Discussion and action on the request from City Clerk to purchase items for upcoming clerk’s association meeting.
B. Discussion on late penalty amounts. Action if needed.
C. Update on replacing the current sewer plant generator. Action if needed.
The next regular session of the Danville City Council is scheduled for
Monday, May 4, 2015, Danville City Hall, 6:30 p.m..