Danville City Council Will MeetWritten by Theresa Rose on June 5, 2017
Monday, June 5, 2017
Order of business, regular session
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
- Call to order, 5:00 p.m..
- Accept or amend the agenda.
- Open forum – a time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business.
- Scott Coalter of 106 East Roosevelt Road wanting to address the city’s current golf cart ordinance and the speeding of vehicles on his street. Action if needed.
- Matt Walker, City Engineer from French-Reneker Associates.
- Update on the current sewer project. Action if needed.
- Update on the current water project. Action if needed.
- Discussion and action on Pay Estimate #3 to Fye Excavating, Inc. (water main project).
- Jerry Goddard & Joshua Schier, City Attorneys from the Cray Law Firm.
- Introduction of Mr. Schier.
- Update on 101 East Highway 34 – action if needed.
- Update on making changes on City Code Chapter 9.15 entitled Fireworks. Action by council if needed.
- Update on 307 & 309 East Seymour Street regarding the City’s Nuisance code. Action by council if needed.
- Discussion on several locations in the city needing yards mowed/cleaned up. Action by council if needed.
- Discussion and action on Resolution 2017-15, making a correction to Resolution 2017-10 entitled Life Insurance.
- Discussion on establishing a sidewalk replacement policy – action if needed.
- Discussion on sending out Request for Qualifications for City Electrical Contractor. Action if needed.
- Streets and utilities report.
- Approval of the Public Works Supt. written report.
- Approval of consent agenda items.
- May 15, 2017 council minutes.
- April 2017 financial reports.
- Building and/or electric permits.
- Payment of bills.
Page 1 of 2, agenda, June 5, 2017
Page 2 of 2, agenda, June 5, 2017
- Council reports and correspondence.
- Discussion and action on renewing the City’s banner placed at the Danville Baseball field.
- Discussion and action on participating in the traffic counting program offered by Southeast Iowa Regional Planning.
- Discussion on future spring cleanups regarding televisions/computer monitors. Action if needed.
- Adjournment. The next regular session of the Danville City Council is scheduled for Monday, June 19, 2017, Danville City Hall, 5:00 p.m.. Council will be meeting with the Danville & Pleasant Grove Trustees, starting at 6:00 p.m..