Danville City Council MeetingWritten by Theresa Rose on June 20, 2016
Monday, June 20, 2016
Order of business, regular session
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
- Call to order, 5:00 p.m.. (Note the starting time.)
- Accept or amend the agenda.
- Open forum – a time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business.
- Discussion and action on the May 2016 Des Moines County Sheriff’s report.
- Matt Walker, French-Reneker-Assoc.
- Discussion and action pay estimate #9 – partial retainage release for Fye Excavating (sewer rehabilitation project).
- Discussion and action on pay estimate #5, final retainage for Keokuk Contracting (South Main Street/East Gerdes Drive culvert project).
- Discussion and action on pay estimate #4, retainage release for DeLong Construction (East Roosevelt Road culvert project).
- Request from the property owners of 403 South Main Street to re-evaluate the condition of one of the trees moved due to the sewer line work by the City. Action if needed.
- Review with Walker regarding the South Ash Street parking restrictions, particularly on the east side of the street. This would be revisiting Resolution 2015-16, parking restrictions on South Ash Street. Action by council if needed (will be written as Resolution 2016-10 and drafted during the meeting).
- Discussion on possibly installing a sidewalk on South Birch Street, particularly in the area of the Nursing Home property. Action if needed.
- Update on the North Main Street/East Plank Road water main replacement project. Possible of setting of date for public hearing if need be. Action if needed.
- Bryon Heater, Danville Fire Chief.
- Discussion and action on a labor quote for installing new lighting in the fire station.
- Discussion and possible action on disposing/donating several fire department items.
- Discussion on adding a second Assistant Fire Chief position. Action if needed.
- Discussion regarding the upcoming Integrated Emergency Management Course (IEMC) city employees are attending. Action if needed.
- Opening of bids received for the City’s annual financial examinations as required by the State of Iowa. Action by council.
- Setting of meeting dates for the month of July and August, 2016.
- Streets and utilities report.
- Approval the public works supt. written report.
- Approval of the consent agenda.
- Council minutes of June 6, 2016.
- May 2016 financial reports.
- Building and/or electric permits.
- Payment of bills.
- Council reports and correspondence.
- Request from the Mercer National Health survey for the city to participate. Action if needed.