Danville City Council MeetingWritten by Theresa Rose on July 17, 2017
Monday, July 17, 2017
Order of business, regular session
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
- Call to order, 5:00 p.m..
- Accept or amend the agenda.
- Open forum – a time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business.
- Discussion and action on the June 2017 DMC Sheriff’s department report.
- Darven Kendell from SE IA Regional Solid Waste Commission, to answer questions regarding curbside recycling and the drop off container located at the fire station. Action if needed.
- Matt Walker, City Engineer from French-Reneker Associates.
- Update on the current sewer project. Action if needed.
- Update on the current water project. Action if needed.
- Discussion and action on Pay Estimate #4 to Fye Excavating, Inc. (water main project).
- Review of proposed Ordinance Number 214, amending Chapter 10.26 of the Danville Municipal code book permitting the limited operation of golf carts upon city streets.
- Review of proposed Ordinance Number 215, amending the Danville Municipal Code by adding a new chapter permitting the limited operation of off road utility vehicles upon city streets.
- First reading of proposed Ordinance Number 216, amending Chapter 9.16 of the Danville Municipal Code entitled Fireworks. Action by council if needed.
- Request from the Danville State Bank for a Subdivision Waiver Letter for a property line adjustment. Action by Council.
- Setting of the council meetings for August 2017.
- Review of the proposals for City Electrical Contractor. Action if needed.
- Streets and utilities report.
- Approval of the Public Works Supt. written report.
- Approval of the consent agenda items.
- July 3, 2017 council minutes.
- Building and/or electric permits.
- Payment of bills.
- Council reports and correspondence.
- Review of information from CivicLive regarding having them administer our city web site. Action if needed.
- Adjournment. The next regular session of the Danville City Council will be determined during the council meeting.