Danville City Council, Danville City HallWritten by Theresa Rose on October 19, 2015
Monday, October 19, 2015
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
1. Call to order, 6:00 p.m..
2. Jerry Goddard, City Attorney.
A. Discussion and action on going into a closed session pursuant to Iowa Code Section 21.5(c) to discuss strategy with counsel in a matter presently in litigation where disclosure would be likely to prejudice or disadvantage the position of the governmental body in that litigation.
B. Action to come out of closed session.
3. If council comes out of closed session before 6:30 p.m., they will recess until the start of the regular session.
Order of business, regular session
1. Call to order, 6:30 p.m.. If council is still in closed session at 6:30, the meeting will start immediately following the adjournment of the closed session.
2. Accept or amend the agenda.
3. A. Statement by City Attorney pertaining to the closed session that was held at 6:00 p.m..
B. Action by council, if needed, on item(s) pertaining to the closed session.
4. Open forum – a time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business.
5. Discussion and action on the September 2015 DMC Sheriff’s report.
6. Matt Walker, City Engineer from French-Reneker-Assoc.
A. Update on city projects. Action by council if needed.
7. Discussion and action on Resolution 2015-35 amending Resolution 2015-04, funding source for the Danville Station donation.
8. Streets and utilities report.
A. Approval of Public Works Supt. written report.
9. Approval of consent agenda items.
A. October 5, 2015 council minutes.
B. Financial reports for September 2015.
C. Building and/or electric permits.
D. Payment of bills.
10 Council reports and correspondence.
A. Discussion and action on the required November utility billing information.
11. Adjournment. The next regular session of the Danville City Council is scheduled for Monday, November 2, 2015, Danville City Hall, 6:30 p.m..