Danville City Council and Township Trustees MeetingsWritten by Theresa Rose on January 7, 2019
Monday, January 7, 2019
Order of business, regular session
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
NOTE: The regular session may be conducted electronically
as allowed by Iowa Code 21.8
Citizen comments: Comments must be directed to the subject under consideration. The presiding officer shall rule on the relevance of the citizen comments. Citizens making personal, impertinent, or slanderous remarks may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting.
- Call to order, 5:30 p.m..
- Accept or amend the agenda. (Note: Council may need to recess their regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. if the agenda is not completed by that time as they have a joint meeting with the Trustees. Council will go back into session at the conclusion of the joint meeting if necessary.)
- Open forum: A time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public on any subject pertaining to City business, including items on this agenda. You are asked to state your name and address for the record and to limit your remarks to five minutes in order that others may be given the opportunity to speak. The Order of Business is at the discretion of the Chair. No action will be taken.
- Darven Kendell, DMC Regional Waste Commission/Area Recyclers, presenting information on their new business recycling program. Action by council if needed.
- Appointment of the following by the Mayor:
- Mayor Protem for 2019.
- Council assignments for 2019.
- Council assignments for 2019 regarding the City’s Disaster Plan.
- Action by council on the following items:
- City Attorney for 2019.
- City Newspaper for 2019.
- City Engineer for 2019.
- Naming of Animal Control Officer and animal control site for 2019.
- Appointing one member to the Planning and Zoning.
F Appointing one member to the Danville Board of Adjustment.
- Discussion and action on appointing a representative to the Des Moines County Solid Waste Commission for 2019.
- Discussion and action on Resolution 2019-01, naming of representatives to the Des Moines County Emergency Management Commission for 2018.
- Discussion and action on Resolution 2018-02 to update the Renewal of the Identity Theft Prevention Program.
Page 1 of 3 agenda
January 7, 2019
- Discussion and action on Resolution 2018-03, a resolution naming the financial institution for depository for the City of Danville.
- Discussion and action on Resolution 2018-04, updating the city’s investment policy.
- Discussion on surface water standing behind the property located at 104 South Birch Street. Action if needed.
- Matt Walker, French-Reneker-Assoc.
- Pay estimate #2, Fye Excavating, North Elm Street extension project. Action by council if needed.
- Change order #2, Fye Excavating, for the North Elm Street extension project. Action if needed.
- Update on other ongoing city projects.
- Fire Chief report.
- Action by council if needed on any items that may come up in the report.
- Public Works Supt. written report.
- Consideration of price quote from LL Pelling for 2019 sealcoating. Action if council.
- Update on requested information pertaining to sidewalk snow removal. Action if
- Approval of the Public Works Supt. written report.
- Approval of consent agenda.
- Council minutes of December 3, 2018
- November 2018 financial reports.
- Building and/or electric permits.
- Payment of bills.
- Council reports and correspondence.
- Review of email received from EcoSource, LLC pertaining to potential funding in removing the gas tanks located at 101 East Old Highway 34. Action by council if needed.
- Discussion with City Attorney Josh Schier regarding the upcoming public hearing on vacating a city street. Action by council if needed.
- Adjournment of the regular session of the City Council. The next regular session of the Danville City Council is scheduled for Monday, January 21, 2019, Danville City Hall, 5:30 p.m., starting with a public hearing on the consideration of vacating a city street.
- Council to meet with the Danville & Pleasant Grove Township Trustees, starting at 6:30 p.m.. See attached agenda.
Page 2 of 3 agenda
January 7, 2019
Monday, January 7, 2019
Order of business
Danville City Council and Danville & Pleasant Grove Township Trustees
to be held at Danville City Hall
- Call to order, 6:30 p.m..
- Accept or amend the agenda.
- Open forum – a time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding fire department business.
- City Attorney Josh Schier
- Discussion on the future status of the old (203 North Elm Street) and new (207 North Elm Street) fire stations. Action if needed.
- Review of Fire Chief’s 4th quarter 2018 report.
- Acknowledgement of payments made to contractors for the new fire station.
- Review of budgeting information for 2019/2020.
- Action on the fire chief’s 4th quarter 2018 report.
- Discussion on ambulance projection information. Action if needed.
- Discussion on the upcoming City Township Ambulance Association meeting. Action if needed.
- Approval of the September 17, 2018 minutes.
- Approval of the bills for 4th quarter 2018.
- Discussion and action on adding and/or removing members from the Fire Department.
- Setting of the date for the joint meeting.