October 14, 2020
The Mt. Pleasant Municipal Utilities will have a water shut-off on 3:30 p.m. to approximately 9:00 p.m. to tie-in to the new water main at Lincoln and Vernon St. The following locations will be without water during this time:
- N. Lincoln St. from E. Henry to the Railroad Tracks
- N. Poplar St. from E. Henry to E. Vernon St.
- N. Jay St. from E. Henry to E. Vernon St.
- N. Hamlin St. from E. Henry to E. Vernon St.
- E. Vernon St. from N. Lincoln to N. Hamlin St.
- E. Henry St. from N. Lincoln to N. Hamlin St.
The Mount Pleasant yard waste site is open for the season every Wednesday 1-6 pm. The site is located behind Saunders Park at the west end of Yocum Lane.
Serving tacos every Wednesday from 5-7:30 p.m. September-May at VFW Post 7641 in New London.
October 21 the Winfield Presbyterian Church is holding a Drive Up Harvest Supper. Pre-order by October 16 at 9 am by calling the church office at 319-257-6711. Serving ham balls, cheesy potatoes, green beans and a roll for $10.
The Henry County Conservation Board will hold the October 2020 Board meeting at 6 pm in the conservation board meeting room in the offices at Oakland Mills.