Burlington Fire

Written by Theresa Rose on September 7, 2016

At 5:21 PM Tuesday September 6, 2016 the Burlington Fire Department was called to 1212 S. Central Street in Burlington for a reported house fire. Firefighters arrived at 5:26 PM to find a small fire in a second floor bedroom. The fire was quickly extinguished and later declared out at 5:33 PM.
The owner of the single family home, Arthur Sattler, was at home at the time of the fire along with another adult and two children. All occupants were able to leave the house without injury. The fire started as a result of a child playing with matches and was discovered early. Mr. Sattler attempted to extinguish the fire prior to leaving. Damages are estimated at $1,000 to the structure and $500 to contents. The house is insured. There were no working smoke detectors.
Ten on-duty Burlington firefighters responded to the call along with six West Burlington firefighters responding on automatic aid. The Red Cross has also been called for assistance. There were no injuries. Firefighters remained on scene until 6:26 PM.